Saturday - 4:00 pm
Sunday - 8:00, 11:00 am & 6:00 pm
Morning Mass (Tues - Fri) 8:15 am
Dear Parishioners of St. Gabriel's,
It's time to renovate and move. Folks, we've been planning for about a year for this and I'm happy to say that we began this week with the renovation stage of our Foundations of Faith Campaign. Because of this you need to be aware of some changes that will occur. I am sorry for any inconvenience. I know you'll be happy with the results. Thanks as always for bearing with these changes.
1. Weekend Masses. Beginning with the weekend of May 28-29, mass will be celebrated in the school gym. Entrance to the gym is at the north end of the parking lot. This is a handicapped entrance as well. Please leave those parking spaces immediately in front of the door for those with handicapped placards attached. All mass times will be the same.
2. Confessions. Confessions will be heard at the usual time. The temporary confessional will be in the gym office, immediately inside the entryway.
3. Weekday Masses and Communion services. Usual service times will be maintained. Mass and communion services will be held in the St. Joseph Room. Entrance is from the back school parking lot, which is handicapped accessible.
4. Facilities. Bathrooms are available in the gym itself and in the activity room. The gathering space will be off limits as will the church proper during the renovation process. Please refrain from entering these areas for your own safety.
5. Parish and school offices. During this initial renovation phase the parish and school offices will remain open during normal office hours.
6. Progress reports. We will provide photographs of the progress made on the church through the parish website on a weekly basis. Consult the News and Updates section of our website under the About tab.
7. Setup and tear down. Each week following the 6pm Mass your help will be needed to take down the chairs and put away the altar furniture in preparation for summer safari the next day. Thanks for anyone who can lend a hand. Set up for the weekend masses will occur on Fridays. If you can help the children from safari, contact the school office for times.
8. How else can you help. We are short of our goal of $300,000 by about $60,000. If you have not stepped up to support this effort, now would be a great time to do so. If you can give a bit more, it would really help. Make your donations in the regular collection by designating it to Foundations of Faith or online at www.stgabrielskc.net. Thank you for your help.
Thank you for putting up with the confusion and mess during this time. I know it is disrupting. Our community will be blessed by having a new space to welcome those seeking a home to find our Lord. Keep praying for our community as we move forward in this endeavor.
It's that time of the year when I also remind you to keep up your tithe to the Church. Our staff, both parish and school have 12 month terms of employment. We depend on your regular contributions to make payroll and the other utility needs. If you would like to try (as so many have already) the automatic payment plan or credit card charge, please see Lori Langner in the parish office and she will get you signed up. It's a great way to keep your contributions current, even if you're on vacation.
I also remind you to stay current in prayer. When you are away do your best to find a Catholic Church on Sunday. Keep God as part of your everyday life. When here in town make use of our 4 weekend masses and give God your best in terms of prayer, dress and witness to the faith.
Thanks for all you do to make St. Gabriel's a great community. Know that you are in my prayers daily as we journey in faith to discover God's path for us.
Fr. Joe Sharbel, Pastor